Who: Moustache lovers looking for an excuse to invade Portland, ME
What: A moustache pageant and international moustache film festival
When: Friday, 3/30/2012 through Saturday, 3/31/2012
Here’s what Friday night (3/30) will be like:
Friday is the Stache Pag.
- 7 pm to 9:30 pm – Private Party for Stache Pag contestants and VIPs
- 7:30 pm – Special Advance World Premiere screening of inaugural Stache Film Fest exclusively for Stache Pag contestants and VIP’s.
- 9:30 pm – Doors open to public.
- 9:30 pm to 10:30 pm – DJ Tim D
- 10:30 pm – Moustache Pageant begins with the 1st Round. Each contestant’s name is called and he gets a three second chunk of musical funk to do his thing on the front of the stage. Judges select three finalists for each category. (Judging criteria and moustache categories are listed on The Rules Page.)
- An intermission: while the judges total the scores, a local moving company performs sketch moustache comedy!
- After That – The Finals. Three Finalists in each category square off in three competitions: Five-Second Rapid-Fire Statue, Don’t F*ck With The Stache and one Surprise Competition Which Will Mindblow Your Skull.
Port City Music Hall, 504 Congress Street, Portland, ME
The Moustache Pageant is held annually to celebrate all incarnations of the moustache, and the freedom of expression each represents. In addition, the event is held to support and inspire revolution among tragic men ensnared in “moustache-death” nations, workplaces and relationships. Be free man. Grow.
As if we needed another reason! Okay, we also use this event as a fundraiser. This year, the Stache Pag has two great beneficiaries: MeNSK and My Stache Fights Cancer.
How to enter the pageant:
You can register on the day of the pageant, but we recommend pre-registering because there is a limit of 15 contestants per category. All the information is here. Since the inception of the event, our contestants have numbered 30-66, ages 22-65. This is a popular event with a large following of eager and competitive men of the stache.
How to get tickets:
Bring your best, bring your vest,
Short or long, wear a thong,
We don’t care, so why should you?
There won’t be a thing more fun to do.
They’ll come from near, they’ll come from far,
But the stache of the night will be crowned a star.
Here is what Saturday (3/31) will be like:
Saturday is the International Moustache Film Festival.
You must be a Stache Film Club member to attend.
Stache Film Club members get in free. Become a club member now.
The Stache Film Fest will be shown in its entirety (20+ films, over two hours of stache films) two times on Saturday.
- 3 pm: Screening 1
- 7 pm: Screening 2
Deering Grange Hall, Portland, ME. Click here for directions from Port City Music Hall to the Deering Grange Hall.