The 2014 Stache Pag is March 29 at Ocean Gateway in Portland, Maine
Facial Hair: Growth Since the Dawn of Man
Same as Always:
- The Stache Pag is a live unrehearsed moustache farmer beauty and talent competition, which is open to any moustache willing to get up on stage and be judged by a packed house of their peers.
- The 1st round will feature a Catwalk
- The Uncle Rico is the category for the small, dirt or starter staches, no beard
- The Magnum PI is the category for Natural Moustache, no beard.
- Each category capped at 15 competitors (online registration this year begins 2/1).
New this year
- The Stache Pag is now part of the Portland Facial Hair Fest
- Beards are now welcome in the Pag.
- The 1899 Maine Legislature is now explicitly the category for Styled Moustaches, no beard
- The Castaway is the category for Full Beard Natural.
- The Thigh Tickler is the category for any freestyle facial hair, including beard, moustache, sideburns, eye brows, fake moustaches, etc.
- Celebrity judges for the finals.
- The “Gentlemen’s Obstacle Course”.
- Our new presenting sponsor: Curious Traveler Shandy
- We have sweet new logos made by Allison Webster
- Allen Baldwin is the new Director of the International Moustache Film Festival (which is also part of the Portland Facial Hair Festival)
- You can buy one bracelet and get into up to 10 different Facial Hair Festival events! Bracelets will be just $25 with no service charge
- The CAN/AM Beard and Moustache Competition. (this is a competition based solely on the facial hair. Every Stache Pag competitor is eligible to register)
- The Facial Hair Farmers Market (from noon to 5 on Saturday)
- Stash of the Titans, Wednesday night at Empire, ZZ Top vs. Queen
- The Stache Pag is a fundraiser for Maine Ultimate, a non-profit that organizes youth leagues, teams and instruction
Same as always: